CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Sara Bareilles (A Very Late Review of Kaleidoscope Heart)




Going through the archives of my post from last year I noticed that I never posted a review on my favorite album from last year, Sara Bareilles "Kaledioscope Heart." Better late than never right? :-/ You should remember Bareilles from her break out hit "Love Song" from 2007's "Little Voice." That album did everything for me. I was playing it for anyone who would listen because EVERY song was amazing. From 2007 to 2010 I was playing Little voice non stop and also watching every new youtube video I could find of her live performances. What is crazy about her is that I think that her live performances are even better then the songs performed on the album at times. When I first heard "King of Anything" which was released early last year, I was so excited because the song reminded me of something off of Little Voice. When I finally got the opportunity to listen to the new album when it was released last September it was on repeat the whole month. It was almost like a part two to "Little Voice." Although I could hear her growth and the songs were different she didn't sway from her style and sound. She is a great writer telling stories of love and heartbreak with her lyrics. I would say the best examples of her strength in writing would be "Say Your Sorry" and "Machine Gun." If you are into "Blue Eyed Soul" or soul-pop music period you will LOVE Sara Bareilles. Kaleidoscope Heart was my favorite album of 2010 and comes highly recommend, check out a few of the songs below:









Check out her site for more info:

http://www.sarabmusic.com/us/home

0 comments: