CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jazmine Sullivan "Excuse Me"



I finally gave Jazmine Sullivan's album another try after first listening to it when it came out last year. I'll admit that I was a bit hard on her album due to her first one only having a few solid tracks. Don't get me wrong I really love Jazmine Sullivan's voice, I guess after she released "I Need You" and "Bust Your Windows" I expected for the rest of her album to be more than exceptional. I usually feel like if I'm not really all that into someones first album no way is their second going to be any better. Usually it's the other way around, great 1st album and it's almost like some artist can't make a follow up on the same level or better. Well boy am I eating my words. "Love Me Back" is a really solid project. I was pleasantly surprised. I liked it so much that I went over to itunes and purchased a copy. My favorite song by far is the soulful ballad "Excuse Me." I think that Jazmine's voice is best served over a soulful track. This is a really good album and I give it my stamp of approval which means everyone should go a purchase it as well. If you're into new artist singing over soulful beats that take you back to the old Motown days you will enjoy this album.

"Ain't no competition when your in it, let you know that you're the best"

0 comments: