CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

NEW ARTIST: Mara Hruby "From Her Eyes"





While waiting for Adele's album to be released in the states I came across an up and coming artist by the name of Mara Hruby. The first song that I listened to was her cover of Bob Marley's "Is This Love." This was right around the time that I heard Corinne Bailey Rae's cover of the same song. Although I loved her version it was hard for me to listen to both for some reason. Well, after a few listens I am in complete awe of her voice. Mara Hruby hails from the bay area (Oakland to be exact). Her first album "From Her Eyes" is a collection of covers from not only Marley but Van Hunt, D'Angelo and Andre 3000 to name of a few. I guess you can say she picked the best of the best to cover which is always a risk but if you have talent like hers it can work to your benefit.

When asked in an interview how she describes her sound, she responded “My sound/style comes from what I have experienced in life. I feel my sound is organic, distinct, melodic, eclectic, and filled with sensitivity. To say the least, I’d call my music a melodic melting pot.”

Check out her video for "Is This Love" and I guarantee you will fall in love with her voice. I can see her working with the some of the greats that inspired her first album.











Click on the link for her website to learn more about Mara and download her album in full:
http://marahruby.bandcamp.com/

0 comments: