CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 4, 2011

NEW MUSIC: Dawn Richard "Broken Record" and "Vibrate"



Fresh off the release of her Dirty Money project "Last Train To Paris" Dawn is working on the release of her new mixtape, "Prelude to A Tell Tale Heart." (I love the title btw)...I've been a fan of Dawn since her days in Danity Kane but mostly once I heard that she wrote the song "Sucker for Love." On Making the Band, MTV took us behind the scenes of the making of the song and when I heard the vocal arrangement and the range of Dawns voice I became a fan. Her voice kind of reminds me of Brandy's in some ways. The song "Broken Record" really shows us just where her voice can go. I feel that her voice has grown so much and has really blossomed. After I heard about her mixtape I went over to visit her blog (www.dawnrichardblog.com) and I also came across a few videos of her in the studio. The song "These Tears" immediately stuck out to me. I am so impressed by her writing ability and voice. The mixtape, which will be available on her blog February 7th seems like it will be a good start for her solo career. Hopefully it will also restore my faith in R&B music..





Sample of "These Tears"

DAWN CAM (IN THE LAB) from Dawn Richard Blog on Vimeo.



And just because I LOVE this song here is "Sucka For Love"

0 comments: