CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SOUND AFFECTS: A Review of Dwele's, "Sketches of a Man"



Well folks what can I say. Dwele is my favorite male artist so I'm trying really hard to put all bias aside. Since he made his official way on the underground scene with "Subject," I've been hooked. His mellow, soulful sound captured my ear. I've actually been trying to catch this dude in concert. He should do a show with Teedra!(Off topic, I know).


"Subject ," embodied the true meaning of poetry, the lyrics are phenomenally creative. My Favorite song on the album was "The Truth." My interpretation of the song was the story of a man who claimed to have feelings for this girl. But was simply using her to get over his, "TRUTH," who I'm assuming was an ex. So he decides to tell the girl that he lied, and there is only one true love in his heart, his ex. AMAZING!! He took the words right off a page of my life! I definitely connected with that album in a real way. Aside from "The Truth," the album was a great piece of work.After his first album He made cameos on songs with Slum Village another favorite, Kanye West, and a host of other well respected rappers which kept his name alive in the underground world.


He recently dropped his 3rd studio album "Sketches of a Man". Well first of all he covered Common's, "The Light" which in my opinion was mediocre and definitely something that should have been on a mix tape or something. I try to listen to albums for a couple of weeks before I decide how I feel about it, and after listening to it for some time now, I feel indifferent. I don't love it but I don't hate it. I guess my expectations were really high based on his last albums. On the flip side I definitely feel it's worth buying. I feel like if you're a Dwele fan you will appreciate the album. 100% get out there and buy the album because this guy is the real thing. He is very talented and his voice is unlike any other artist out right now. Bottom line buy the album and let me know what you think....
How I feel about it: -Indifferent

Review Scale:
Possibility of 1-6 stars. 1 being super wack and 6 would be a classic...
0 Stars- We'll I'm sure you know what that means.
1 Star- SUPER WACK!
2 Stars-Mediocre
3 Stars- I'm Indifferent
4 Stars- Solid Material
5 Stars- SUPER GOOD
6 Stars- A CLASSIC!!