CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen SAM SPARRO




So I was in Forever 21 when I first heard Sam Sparro's song "Black and Gold." (Yes, Forever 21)... The beat of the song is actually kind of a techno, electronica something or other beat, but what caught my ear was his voice. Very soulful, so on point. Now this guy has stole the wool right from under D'Angelo's feet because he sounds JUST like him. He even does similar runs as D'Angelo. This guy's voice is awesome! I'm so glad he's putting it towards quality music. He has a video for his song , "Cottonmouth"which is kind of crazy. Aside from the topic of the song his vocals are top notch. But it seems that he's got a funny sense of humor. I kind of think he's making fun of pop culture. This dude is definitely different. I would love to catch an interview with him to find out what he's all about. I'm currently listening to his album so look out for more info and a review. One thing I do know for sure is that ironically one of his main influences is the GAP BAND...HMM.. Awkward.

Check out Black and Gold on Sam Sparro's Myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=3847624


REVIEW COMING SOON!!!

0 comments: