CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

SoL-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams

And the countdown begins...

Solange's sophomore album is supposed (and I use that term lightly) to drop on August 26, 2008. With albums getting pushed back left and right I don't want to get my hopes up too high. I am eagerly anticipating this album. "I decided" her first single off the album caught me by surprise. I was expecting more of a pop single from Solange. This song is more of a soul funk tune which is refreshing. It's one of those songs that I didn't like the first time I heard it but after hearing it like the 5th time I was definitely into it in a big way. Who knows what else she's got up her sleeve. I heard a song today off Sol Angel, called F*ck The Industry (Signed Sincerely) a play off of Kanye's "Everything I am." You must know that when I saw the title of the song I liked it, before I even heard it. The idea of it seemed interesting. So I listened and what did I find? A desperate plea from a young and VERY talented artist to be accepted for who she is and the music she produces and nothing else. Which, I felt. But at the same time made me raise an eyebrow. Since Solange has jumped back on the scene I've been hearing nothing but how different she is in comparison to most artist, (Beyonce) and how she's going against the grain. Which trust me I understand! I really do, but she's getting very close to editorializing her look and music by explaining everything. I say, let the music speak for itself! If it's all she says it is then it will. No need for her to coach us all the way through. I peeped her album pictures and I can tell that she is different and has a cool funky style which I appreciate. I believe that this album will be pretty good. She's a writer which to me means she knows how to write quality music. I heard another song on her myspace called "Tony, "which I also liked. I am literally, (well in my head) counting down the days until her album comes out. I believe it should be pretty solid...

Check out "I decided part 1 along with "Tony," on Solange's myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=38001451

1 comments:

MiaMcK said...

yes yes yes yes Solange is def coming back with a vengence. i loves it!