CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Colbie Caillat "Killing Me Softly"





I think we all know its pretty courageous for an act to take on a song that Roberta Flack or even Lauryn Hill have done. I had no idea just how much of a risk taker that Colbie Caillat was until I heard her cover of "Killing Me Softly." Roberta Flack's version will always be the best in most people's eyes. When Ms. Hill and the Fugees came along and put more of a hip hop spin on it many were more than impressed. I like both versions for different reasons. Roberta Flacks for the laid back ballad pure soul of it and the Fugees for the hip hop soul feel.I need both versions in my life, I cant say the same for many other songs performed by different artist. But now there's a whole different take on the song by Caillat and it's not too bad. She has a beautiful voice and I appreciate the fact that she isn't afraid to remove herself from pop music and tap into her soulful side. It's a solid effort but I will let you be the judge.




What do you think of Colbie Caillat's version of Killing me Softly?



And not to out do Colbie Caillat here are the other two versions:



0 comments: