CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 20, 2010

My Top 10 Favorite Christmas Songs...Ever

Yes, I'm one of those people who happens to love Christmas music. I Always have and I always will. I started with a list of 5 but once I tried to narrow down my favorites I realized that it's just not possible. So after going back and forth on a few songs I put together a list of 10 songs that bring back so many great memories. Here are a few Christmas songs that warm my heart during the holidays...


10. Boyz II Men "Let it Snow"

I think everyone loves "Let it Snow." Beautiful harmonies (with a little help from Brian McKnight)and great lyrics makes this a classic Christmas song.



9. BB King, "Merry Christmas Baby"

This is a feel good Christmas song and I simply love it...



8. Whitney Houston "Joy To The World"

Now I know you knew I was going to add my FAVORITE singer of all time Whitney...The first time I heard "Joy To the World" was of in the movie "The Preachers Wife" and of course Whitney Houston killed it!



7. Ray Charles "The Spirit of Christmas"

I believe the first time that I heard this song was during the movie "Christmas Vacation." Clark Griswold sitting in the attic reminiscing over family memories, perfect part of the movie for the song...



6. Stevie Wonder- "Someday At Christmas"

Whether its a Christmas song or not Stevie Wonder's music always makes me happy. It was hard for me to choose between "Someday at Christmas" and "That's What Christmas Means to me." Both are truly great songs but "Someday At Christmas" is just so beautiful I couldn't pass on adding it to the list.



5. Nat King Cole- "The Christmas Song"

Well how can I not mention the classic "Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole. No need to editorialize, this song speaks for itself...



4. Aretha Franklin "Winter Wonderland"

Winter Wonderland is a song that has been done over and over again by many artist, but honestly has anyone done it better than the GREAT Aretha Franklin???(Yeah I couldn't think of anyone either)...



3. Jackson 5 "Give Love On Christmas Day"

I love to listen to the Jackson 5 Christmas songs, but aside from "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa" this has to be my favorite.



2. Wham! "Last Christmas"

Now I know it seems random that this song beat out Nat King Cole and Stevie Wonder but this is honestly one of my favorite SONGS, not just Christmas song. I almost forget it's a holiday song. Love the lyrics...




1. Donny Hathaway "This Christmas"

I think all will agree that "This Christmas" is most likely the best Christmas song of all time...Yep I said it and if you don't agree, maybe you should listen again...



What did you think of my list?

1 comments:

Marius B said...

Really cool ''top 10 '' :D
Perfect for christmas time :):D