CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Miguel- All I Want Is You Album Reveiw




I've been following Miguel's career since I first heard the song "Sure Thing" on Myspace a few years ago. As far back as when he used the name "Miguel Jontel." Miguel has already established himself as a writer working with the likes of Usher and Musiq Soulchild and now it appears he's trying his hand at mainstream success. If you've followed my blog for a while you know I believe Miguel is THE best male vocalist out today. I'm so glad that he has found success with his first single "All I want is you" featuring J.Cole. The song is amazing but if it's the first song that you've ever heard by Miguel trust me it's just the tip of the iceberg. This man has vocal talent that I haven't heard in an artist in a long while. It only makes it better that he happens to be such a great writer. The song "Sure Thing which I've posted on before capitalizes on Miguels vocal talent and writing ability all in one.

His new album named after the first single, is a mixture of songs from his Mischief Mixtape and a few new tracks, which I assume he added for the fans that have been following him from the beginning and are now anxious for new material. At first I was a bit thrown by the fact that he added so many of the older tracks off the mixtape. (Well I guess they are old to me). But after I discussed this with @SheistheB, another long time fan and fellow blogger. She mentioned how it was actually very smart of him to add them because they are the songs that gave him such a strong underground following and definitely have the potential to make this mainstream album a huge success.

My favorite new songs off the album are: "Girl With the Tattoo,Teach Me,Hard Way and My Piece." (Which you can listen to below). On the new album Miguel continues to display his vocal talents and energetic sound. The album consist of all the things which should make it a true hit because every song on the album is pure perfection. One thing that the R&B world has been lacking is Miguel, he is truly a breath of fresh air. The album is out on November 30th, please pick up a copy and support GREAT TALENT!


Miguel – Girl With The Tattoo Enterlewd found on R&B


Miguel – Teach Me found on R&B


Miguel – Hard Way found on R&B


Miguel – My Piece found on R&B

0 comments: