CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

NEW ALBUM REVIEW: Jill Scott "Light of the Sun"



I've been going back and forth on if I would review Jill's new album "Light of the Sun" because it wasn't exactly what I expected. Don't get me wrong I love to be surprised by my favorite artists but this one completely threw me off. I would like to say for the sake of all argument that Jill Scott is one of my favorite artist of all time. I'm just a little confused by the direction of the album. I play "Light of the Sun" everyday trying to get a feel for it but it has completely gone over my head. I have however heard that many people love this album and that it also debuted at #1 which is always good news.

Although I'm still trying to get into this one, I do have a few songs that I like on the album. Top of my list has to be " Rolling hills" (listen below). The lyrics are very creative, which can always be expected from a great writer like Jill Scott.

I think that sometimes my expectations of an artist of Jill's caliber tend to get a little high which often leaves me a little disappointed with their albums. This album is certainly recommended by me because although I have mixed feelings about it, from what I hear the masses love it. So maybe it's just me?

Check out "Rolling Hills"



0 comments: