CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

NEW ALBUM: Beyonce "4"




I needed to take some time to let this album sink in. I felt like I couldn't blog about anything else until I wrote something on "King B's" latest album "4" If it wasn't obvious through previous entries, I'm a HUGE Beyonce' Fan. It goes deep, all the way back to her DC3 days. I wanted to make sure that I steered clear of all bias, and really listened to the album before I wrote on it. Well after a few weeks I'm certain that this album is pretty great. I think what I love the most about the album is that Beyonce' has grown so much vocally. I was listening to "Sail on" off DC3's first album and it's amazing just to see how far my girl has come!

The for certain "High Notes" on the album are the love songs such as "1+1, Best Thing I never had, I Care, I Miss, and Rather Die Young." But as the album progresses and you get into the uptempo songs that Beyonce has become known for, (especially from her Destiny's Child days) you will see that this album is almost perfect. A few favorites are "Love on Top, Countdown and of course End of Time." Surprisingly, many people including stans were a little un certain of her first single "Girls" which is unfortunately reflective on the charts. I'm still confused about that but as a good friend pointed out to me, "Girls is Beyonce's Niche and if anyone should know this it should be the true Destiny's Child fans." Girls is really what sets Beyonce' apart from any other artist. People are saying she took a risk but I'd have to disagree. She has always and will always rep for the Girls of the world.

Like "Girls" one thing that surely stands out is the writing on the album. My favorite song is " I miss you" penned by up and coming writer/singer Frank Ocean. Another is "Best Thing I never had" co written by one of the greats "Babyface." Both songs are perfectly written. I think it was the right move for Bey to use a new writer to bring that "Fresh" sound to the album along with reaching out to Babyface because you just cant go wrong with him.

I'm excited to hear that her album reached #1 for the first week and is anticipated to maintain that spot in the 2nd week as well. Although so far the album hasn't been her most successful it is definitely a project to be proud of especially because it's her first album under her own management. Keep in mind that the success of her album happened after "4" leaked nearly a month before the actually release.I think we can clearly say after "4" that Bey truly does "Run" the music world...

0 comments: