CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blu...





Blu is definately my new favorite color...

I randomly downloaded one of Blu's mixtapes and now I'm hooked. I know I'm super late but better late than never right?? I couldn't believe how many mixtapes this dude has! So far I've listened to three of them "So(ul) Amazing" "Her Favorite Color" and my absolute favorite "Below The Heavens" in which he worked with producer Exile. I love that they sampled blues music. It seems that his music is heavily inspired by blues and I would even say Billie Holiday. I also noticed that he used some scenes from two of my favorite movies "She's Gotta Have it" and "Closer":-)))

I went to see him perform a couple of weeks ago at Zanzibar in Santa Monica and lets just say I'm intrigued...
:-p

Here are a few of my favorites so far... I'm still learning but I'm sure there will be more post on this up and coming LA artist..







0 comments: