CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 28, 2011

Adele 21 (Album Review)





Before I write an album review I try and give it a few spins before I form an opinion, especially when I'm dealing with one of my favorites like Adele. Let me just say this, although I only heard live versions of some of the songs before the album came out I knew it was going to be great. I feel like Adele has the right recipe for success. Not only is Adele lyrically and vocally talented but she's got the attitude and soul to back it up. I purchased the double CD with the live versions of "Take it All," "Don't You Remember" and "Someone Like You." Although the studio versions of these songs are amazing there is something about Adele performing a song live that make me feel like I'm actually there watching her perform. Adele has spoken about how 21 was inspired by one ex who broke her heart, I love that she turned her pain into pure art! (If only we all could do that). The first time I heard "Don't You Remember" it literally brought tears to my eyes. I honestly do not know how she gets through that song without crying every time. It is so beautiful but sad at the same time. My other favs on the album include the uptempo "He Wont Go", the clever "Rumor Has It" and "Turning Tables." Not only is this album is on my MUST HAVE list for 2011 but it was just announced that Adele's 21 is #1 on UK and the US Billboard Top 200.

Adele "He Wont Go"
"

Adele "Rumour Has It"

0 comments: